Pollution Control Device Audit – Blacktown, NSW
Pollution Control Device
Renew Solutions was approached by Blacktown City Council to audit and report on their primary treatment Pollution Control Devices (PCDs).
What did the project involve?
- Auditing GPTs
- Using advanced technologies to locate, identify, and assess GPTs
- Assess the condition of GPTs to identify defects and other issues affecting asset performance
- Identify and implement cost-effective solutions to rectify defects and other issues identified in audits
- Analysing contributing catchments
- Using combined GIS and hydrological modelling software to characterise the contributing catchment of each asset to estimate pollutant loads and expected cleaning requirements
- Developing Best Practice Management Guidance
- Develop asset-specific best practice management procedures based on audit data and contributing catchment analyse
Information collected will serve as a baseline upon which Blacktown City Council intend to effectively manage their assets into the future, ensuring the best stormwater outcomes are achieved.